Before Daisy was born I set out to fill our freezer with easy to make meals. I managed to make 45 meals with the help and organization of the site Once a Month Meals. Honestly, my one piece of advice for your first or second or fifth baby it to get that freezer full so that you have less to cook and clean, and can have more time to spend with that new adorable baby.
We decided that we loved freezer meals so much that in January, we made another round and now have our dinners prepared through the end of the month.
One of our favorite recipes that we made in January was the Paleo Jalapeno Chicken Burgers. To make the recipe we used Harvestland ground chicken.
We were able to pick up Harvestland ground chicken at Walmart. All chickens are raised on family farms with very strict USDA Process Verified programs, which ensures that the chickens are fed all-vegetarian diets with no animal by-products, raised cage-free, and are never given any antibiotics, ever.
Honestly we are HOOKED on the ground chicken. It is such a wonderful alternative to ground beef for burgers or tacos. We made a ton of burgers to freeze so we would have dinners and lunches. Here is how we stacked them to freeze.
Just the facts
- All chickens are raised on family farms with very strict USDA Process Verified programs, which ensures that the chickens are fed all-vegetarian diets with no animal by-products, raised cage-free, and are never given any antibiotics, ever.
- Raised to the same standards as their chicken, HARVESTLAND® turkeys are fed an all-vegetarian diet with no antibiotics, steroids or hormones.
- Pork is the latest addition to the HARVESTLAND® brand. Their hogs are raised on family farms in the Midwest and are also fed an all-vegetarian diet with no antibiotics, hormones or steroids.
- Harvestland also offers USDA-certified organic chicken. These chickens are raised without antibiotics on free-range, organic farms and are fed an all-vegetarian diet of certified organic ingredients.
- The HARVESTLAND® product line includes fresh chicken, turkey, and pork products, as well as a variety of fully-cooked refrigerated, frozen, and deli meats. Prices vary based on the retailer.
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.
I will have to try these burgers. All your frozen meals were delicious!
chickie brewer says
I’m not sure maybe chili con carne .But not really sure yet
I would make turkey burgers with the ground turkey.
I would try these burgers and chicken chili.
xty cruz says
I would make some chicken pastel
Kimberly M. says
I would make chicken and stuffing with the whole chicken. With all this cold weather that would taste good and make the house smell wonderful.
Stacy D. says
I would make maybe turkey burgers!
I would make turkey burgers with the ground turkey
I just bought a big bag of potatoes, so I would make some chicken strips, as well as some rolls and country gravy.
Laura J says
I would love to make some Chicken Fajitas ! One of our families favorites!
I would love to use Harvestland’s Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Thin sliced to make homemade breaded chicken fingers! 🙂