This lesson is part of our Safari Theme. This project is focused on process but in the end you can make it a lion, if you choose, to have an end product.
AGES: 2-3+ YEAR-OLDS
- White paper plate
- Tissue Paper, cut into rectangles/squares, in yellow, orange, brown
- Elmer’s Glue
- Optional: Liquid Watercolors, 1-2 tsp added to make glue a color. I used yellow. This helps to see where they are placing the glue.
- Yellow Construction Paper, cut to fit behind plate.
- Black Marker
- Google eyes
DIRECTIONS FOR ADULT:
- Cut out center of plate.
- When child has completed adding the tissue to the plate, add the yellow construction paper. (Adaption: for older children, have then do this step.)
- Draw lion face, and add google eyes (Adaption: for older children, have then do this step.)
DIRECTIONS FOR CHILD:
- Add a line around the plate.
- Add one piece of tissue paper at a time. I like to show them how to crumble the paper so it is not all flat pieces of paper.
- Squeezing (add the glue)
- Fine Motor Skill: Add one piece of paper at a time.
- Color: Yellow, Brown, Orange
IMAGES OF THE PROCESS
Adding the Glue
Read How Loud is a Lion