This lesson is part of our Farm Theme. This is a fun processed based project on its own, and can be combined with the Tractor Tracks to make a complete product. My son loved this so much we made 6 of sheep- enough for our own flock of sheep!!
Ages: 2-3+ year-olds
- Cotton Balls, aka wool.
- White Glue
- 12″ x 18″ Black Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue
Directions for adult:
- Cut our sheep shape for child (Adaptions: Oder children can trace shape and cut out themselves. Even older children can draw the sheep and cut out)
- Add googly eyes with hot glue.
- Add a swirl of white glue to the body of the sheep. (Adaptions: Older children can be shown how to add one dot of glue then the cotton ball using the glue themselves)
- Demo to child how to add one cotton ball, aka wool, at at time to where there is glue.
Directions for child:
- Add one cotton ball, aka wool, to the sheep.
When finished, combine with the green Tractor Tracks with cut out Wooly Sheep. Glue Sheep to the pasture with white glue (have child help you pick where to place sheep, older children can do this on their own).
- Fine Motor Skill: Pinching
- Handling various materials and supplies correctly.
- Sheep, Ram, Ewe, Lamb
Images of the Process
Adding Wool to Sheep
Watch this fun fun video and song.