I saw this somewhere on pinterest to use the pipe cleaner and washer to make necklaces. I can’t find the original link so here is how we made the necklaces. We made these necklaces as part of our Butterfly themed playdate and art lesson.
- Rigatoni noodles, dyed, aka Caterpillars
- Yarn or ribbion
- Pipe Cleaners
- Washers (big enough that the noodles will not fall off)
- Use pipe cleaner to thread “caterpillars” on the string.
- Optional: work on making patterns on the string.
- When done twist pipe cleaner through washer making a fastener. (Adult will need to do this for the little ones)
- Enjoy wearing your necklace!
- Fine motor control
- Hand and eye coordination
- Decision making on what colors
- If ready, making patterns.
Extend with Vocabulary
- Talk about the color choices they are using, and/or have them tell you and show you what colors they are using.