This was recorded a few hours after he drew the pictures so some of what he drew has changed from the time he drew it. The boy loves his numbers! Skip counting by 10s, and 100s, and odds and evens. After our interview about his number drawing, he then began to add numbers counting them by 1000s.
Important things you see here:
- Art is about the process of thinking, and processing not about how well he drew his picture.
- When speaking to him, I don’t acknowledge that he did indeed miss a few numbers.
- I am guiding him in showing me what he did because it is hours later when I recorded this and was trying to get him to tell me the story he told me before. However, he has then changed what the picture is about, but that is why I asked him if it was anything because earlier it was apartments.
- Space is not important. However you see the top has a sun and clouds, while the bottom of the page has grass. He is displaying his understanding of space- there is a ground and a sky and everything else is in between.
- Schemes: Grass growing is one of his new themes and appears in most of his pictures lately. It used to be rain and thunder!