One of the things I love to provide for my son is real materials not just play materials. It aids in teaching him respect for the item but also teachings him from the start the proper way to use the material.
When my son was two-years-old, we introduced using glass instead of a plastic cup for meal time. We still used the cover drink for on the go (I use it as well!) but meal times he started to use real glassware. We started with Duralex Picardie Tumbler. He learned to be careful when drinking (yes, there were spills that he had to learn to clean-up), and be respectful of the glass so as to not break it.
When I was given the chance to give a new glass a try with my three-year-old son I was thrilled. The Kupp is a six-ounce glass outfitted with a colorful silicone sleeve. It’s designed for kids ages 3-10. Its beautiful design appeals to both kids and adults.
The Kupp fit right in with our home (and replaced the use of the Duralex glass for our son). It was a real glass and even better it was easy to hold and came in the color green (it comes in other colors but in our house green in all that matters!). The Kupp is easy for three-year-old to hold because of the added silicone handle. A even better benefit was that the shape of the glass didn’t allow as much food to get inside while drinking. This meant less water changes during the corse of the meal due to the water being filled with yucky food pieces. Also the shape didn’t allow for little hands to get in there to play as easily– a much added bonus when introducing real glass to little ones.
The Kupp company recommends also having your child learn to wash the glass it after each use. I love this idea. However, we did not choose to introduce washing to the process. He does however usually get his own water and carefully carry it from the kitchen to the dining room table. (So he can access the kitchen sink we have this must have Kitchen Helper). He also carries his plate and glass back to the kitchen when done. I choose not to introduce washing because this is one of my son’s favorite things to do and he likes to do it for a long time (in other words we would never leave the house!!!). I love the concept and do plan to introduce this as he gets older, along with adding his plate to the dishwasher.
Overall The Kupp is one of the best products we have tested. It fit right in with our home and will be my go to gift for friends when their child turns three.
Learn more and buy online at http://www.thekupp.com
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetsSM blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.
Just the facts
- The Kupp’ is a six-ounce glass outfitted with a colorful silicone sleeve. It’s designed for kids ages 3-10.
- The firm grip and silicon sleeve helps to protect the glass from damage while providing a safe, toxic free vessel to drink from.
- The Kupp’ comes in four vibrant colors that represent the environment: blue for water, green for earth, orange for the sun, and red for warmth.
- The Kupp’ is the perfect serving size for children, and allows them to become more conscious of waste and consumption.
- The Kupp’ is made in the USA using imported glass, and all materials are sourced from environmentally-friendly manufacturers that adhere to EU and US regulations.
- All glass is recyclable, certified lead and cadmium free, and is made from a pure soda-lime formula. It is also dishwasher safe!
- The grip-friendly silicon sleeve is BPA/BPS free and made with medical and food grade silicon to prevent damage. The sleeve does not have to be removed when washing, which makes cleaning your Kupp’ very simple.