Scott is the resident Jelly maker and he took a bunch of our strawberries and made yummy jelly from them. I was amazing in a 4 foot by 4 foot strawberry patch that we ended up with way more strawberries than we could eat.
I didn’t walk into his brewing session till he was canning the berries. But snapped up a few pictures of the last minute process.
Strawberry Jelly Recipe:
Enough Strawberries to make 4.5 cups of strawberry puree (around 3 pints of strawberries)
1 box powdered fruit pectin
7 cups sugar
Yields 8, 1/2 pint jars
- Puree enough strawberries in blender to make 4 1/2 cups strawberry puree.
- Mix fruit pectin with blended fruit in a large 8 quart saucepan.
- Place over high heat and stir until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Add sugar at once and bring to a full rolling boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour into jars and seal.